Ten Commandments Of Good Food Habits
1. Eat slowly, chewing food thoroughly. Food should be eaten slowly, and should be thoroughly masticated.
2. Eat regularly. Regularity in eating is of vital of importance. The stomach cannot properly handle a delayed meal.
3. Eat nothing between meals. Never should a morsel of food pass the lips between meas.
4. Eat in cheerful surrounding and with pleasant table conversation. A merry heart does good like a medicine.
5. Drink water abundantly between meals. Drink freely, (water) helps to supply the necessities of the system, and assist nature to resist disease. Drink freely or pure, soft water.
6. Use simple methods of food preparation. If you regard your life, you should eat plain food, prepared in the simplest manner.
7. Use mainly natural sweets of sugar. Be moderate in the use of all sugars. The free uses of sugar in any form tends to clog the system, and is not infrequently a cause of disease.
8. Use natural foods. Grains, fruits, nuts and vegetables constitute the diet chosen for us by our Creator. These foods, prepared in as simple and natural manner as possible, are the most healthful and nourishing.
9. Cook to preserve food values. There is a way of combining and preparing food that will make it both wholesome and nourishing. There is such a thing as robbing the body of nutrition.
10. Be sure fruits and vegetables are in good condition. More die by eating decayed fruits and decayed vegetables which ferment the stomach and result in blood poisoning, than we have any idea of.