Forti-D is a serious protection that would help protect you and your loved ones from serious diseases.
Vitamin D is an essential vitamin that can be manufactured by our own body with sunlight exposure and essential for strong bones because it helps the body use calcium from the diet. The sunlight exposure required to get the enough Vitamin D needed by our body depends on the time of the day.
Vitamin D Deficiency is strongly linked to Chronic Diseases such as Cancer, Heart Failure, Diabetes, etc., this is because studies show that 36 of our organs and tissues are regulated by Vitamin D, including our heart, lungs, brain, and bones. In fact, 7 out of 10 Filipinos are Vitamin D Deficient (based on a study conducted with Hi-Precision Diagnostics, where 8200 Filipinos from key cities in the Philippines were tested for Vitamin D Deficiency). However, not all get the sufficient Vitamin D requirement they need.
Vitamin D-Deficiency happens because it’s hard to get enough Vitamin D from the sun (indoor lifestyle, clothing, skin color, aging, and use of umbrellas or sunscreen limit Vitamin D absorption) and it’s difficult to obtain from food (RDA of Vitamin D is equivalent to 40 eggs / 8 glasses of milk / 800g of salmon / 2 cans of tuna flakes every day).
- Vitamin D is needed for calcium absorption among infants
- However, 7 out of 10 Filipinos are Vitamin D Deficient
- If Vitamin D Concentration in the mother’s breast milk is low (which, as studies show, is usually the case), this may lead to Vitamin D Deficiency in infants.
- Vitamin D Deficiency in infants can cause “rickets, delayed motor development, muscle weakness, aches and pains, and fractures” (see: http://raisingchildren.net.au/articles/vitamin_d.html/context/204)
- Vitamin D Supplementation for breastfeeding mothers is important to help provide Vitamin D requirements of the breastfeeding infant