Disclaimer: This is not a paid post. The article is 100% my own opinion based on experience.
We used to pay our orders at fast food chains with cash. It is more convenient and you can only buy something depending how much cash left on your pocket.
But after paying, nothing is saved, right? No rewards at all.
Then after visiting one of my favorite fast food chain in Metro Manila, I became curious about the Happy Plus card. So, I bought a card for P100 then loaded it with P400.
The card is valid in any branches the participating stores like Jollibee, Chowking, Greenwich, Red Ribbon and Mang Inasal.
I have realized that using a card is practical though it is still not a perfect system.
1. For every P50 food purchase, you can earn one Happy point. One Happy point is equal to one (1) peso.
2. If registered online, you can have the chance to win up to P100,000 every month on their raffle.
3. Cashless. Exact amount will be deducted on your card.
4. Save it. Your load will not expire (even the card expired but needs to renew it to use the remaining balance). It is like saving in case you need to treat your kids or friends.
1. In order to earn points, reload your card. I find it a little bit awkward to pay in the cashier for the load then order food and pay using now your re-loaded Happy Plus card.
2. If you want to take your chances in the raffle, don’t forget to register your card online! So, those who did not know or no access to internet, sorry, your card will not be eligible to the raffle. The raffle entries are costly huh?
P100 = 1 raffle entry
P300 = 5 raffle entries
P500 = 10 raffle entries
P1000 = 25 raffle entries
3. Every two years card renewal fee (P100) is a little burden to consumers.
4. Don’t lose your card or else, you need to pay for the new card. If you’re not registered, it may be hard to retrieve/transfer your load from the lost card.
Oh well, I think the said food chain group is just exploring ways to rake more profits from their loyal consumers.